Friday, June 28, 2013

Soul Stripper


From Amazon: It's called Sin City for a reason. Nowhere else are the temptations so great, the sex so good, and the demons so bad. . .
By day, Monica is a barista in a local café. It doesn't pay a lot but it puts her up close and personal with her sexy boss, Drew. Unfortunately that's as far as a succubus can go unless she wants to take his soul. Monica needs mind blowing sex to sustain her and she finds her victims every night at a local strip club where she's an exotic dancer. But when her powers begin to diminish and her fellow succubi start turning up dead, all bets are off. Monica realizes she's the one immortal who has a chance in hell of making things right. . .

What I Thought: I hadn't heard of this author before, I picked up this book out of cover love. LOVE it when that works out. Here's the thing, I went into it with possibly mediocre expectations at best as lately I've been in a bit of a book funk and nothing is holding my attention for longer than a sex scene or too. I've been angsting over wanting to read something with sex, AND grit- and POOF Katana Collins delivered in spades.
Um..she had me at hello..
Chap 1 Line 1 "The smell of coffee always turns me on."
ME TOO!!
Monica and I are kindred spirits, well except for the whole stripper succubus thing.
Monica is a Succubus who tries to stay below the radar which is hard since she's also a fallen angel. When Succubi start turning up dead around her and her own powers start to diminish she realizes she's going to have to take matters into her own hands.
There is no shortage of Alpha Wattage Male in this book either, and they all want their piece of Monica.
Jules-the angel (literally)
Drew- the boss
Lucien-the stripclub owner and Resident Archdemon
Wills-the dreamy ex
Can you kind of figure out what's going on? Yes. Ok. I could. It didn't take away from the story at all though and that's why I'm giving it 5 stars.
The Heroine is strong, the guys are hot, and the sex is sizzling. I can't wait for the next book!

My Rating: 
4 Chicks

No comments: