Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Reluctant Dom


From Amazon: [Menage and More: Erotic Consensual BDSM Menage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, public exhibition, spanking, flogging, whipping, sex toys, HEA for M/F] 

Love hurts...if you're lucky. 

Kaden's dying, but before he goes he has one problem to solve--he must ask his oldest and dearest friend, Seth, to take over as Dom and Master to his beloved wife, Leah. 

Seth has always seen himself as the perpetual screwup and Kaden as the strong and steady one, so his friend's request rocks his world. He also knows there's no way he can refuse Kaden this. 

Now Seth finds himself immersed in a role he's far from comfortable with--inflicting physical pain to provide emotional comfort to the woman he's secretly loved for years. Can he deal with his crushing grief over the impending loss of his oldest friend and still learn the skills he must master in time to become The Reluctant Dom? 

What I Thought: If you are a BDSM Erotica fan-You probably already familiar with Tymber know you are going to LOVE this book. If you are not sure how you feel about this genre, you will be a fan after reading this book. I go back and forth on my feelings about the BDSM genre because of (the book that shall not be named but it starts with the number 50) and the recent explosion of these in the market. When it's done well, and written with respect to the lifestyle, with a great plot and characters like Tymber has done here, I feel like celebrating.

(No I don't live in the BDSM lifestyle)

This is really more the story of a lifelong friendship between two men and the woman they both love. I think at first, I wasn't sure I was going to like this book or that it would even be believable- but once I got about 20 pages or so in, it totally hooked me.

I loved that Seth, while dealing with the grief of finding out his best friend is dying, is also willing to do whatever Kaden asks of him to bring them comfort. He's literally thrown into this lifestyle and through him the reader is able to learn all the ins and outs of a 27/7 D/s relationship.  This book is a shining example of the ultimate act of selflessness one could ever commit. 

Poly relationships can be difficult to understand for most of us vanilla mainstreamers, but this love story between 3 people illustrates it beautifully.  At turns I laughed and cried with these characters who are so well developed and written with such care. This was the first book I have read by Tymber, but she is well known in the industry and I will definitely seek out more by her in the future.

My Rating: 
5 Chicks

No comments: