Friday, July 5, 2013

Hearts in Darkness


From Amazon: 

Makenna James thinks her day can't get any worse, until she finds herself stranded in a pitch-black elevator with a complete stranger. Distracted by a phone call, the pin-striped accountant catches only a glimpse of a dragon tattoo on his hand before the lights go out.
Four hours...
Caden Grayson is amused when a harried redhead dashes into his elevator fumbling her bags and cell phone. His amusement turns to panic when the power fails. Despite his piercings, tats, and vicious scar, he's terrified of the dark and confined spaces. Now, he's trapped in his own worst nightmare.
One pitch-black elevator...
To fight fear, they must reach out and open up. With no preconceived notions based on looks to hold them back, they discover just how much they have in common. In the warming darkness, attraction grows and sparks fly, but will they feel the same when the lights come back on?

What I Thought: If you've never read anything by Laura Kaye...WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Sorry just kidding..ok not really..Laura is Awesome!
This little Novella (at about 100 pages)  is the perfect way to get a taste of this amazing author and it's on sale! SCREAM! .99 for the Kindle version on Amazon!! I had it on my Nook and then repurchased it for my Kindle Fire because I like to go back and re-read it sometimes. 
Caden is one of those book boys you just never forget. Holy Hotness! 
I decided I had to have the print copy too as I was writing this post so I just ordered it on Amazon.
The One Click button will be death of me for sure.
So on to my review- The story opens with the two main characters, Caden and Mackenna getting stuck on an elevator in the dark. 
Neither gets a really good look at the other, which SO intensifies the heat in this story.
Two people who probably wouldn't have sought each other out to start with, find they are irresistibly drawn to one other in the darkness as they open themselves up to their mutual attraction.
You seriously won't believe how much you fall in love with these characters considering how quickly this story unfolds.  They are so well developed it seems, almost impossibly so for how short it is and that is the genius of Laura Kaye. The action is non stop and if you can put this book down before finishing it, then you are a much stronger person than I.
The sexual tension is panty melting- 
like hide your kids grab your husband hot.
Hope you love it as much as I do!!

My Rating:

No comments: