Saturday, July 13, 2013

Inked Magic


FROM AMAZON: With the touch of her palms to the skin of a crime victim, San Francisco tattoo artist Etaín can see the faces of the guilty and draw them. Changeling elf but unaware of it, at odds with her police captain father and FBI agent brother, magic and gift have put her in the path of two compelling men.
Cathal Dunne, the son of an Irish mob boss, needs Etaín's help finding the rapists who left his cousin for dead. Eamon, a powerful elf lord, is determined to make her his consort-wife.
Her gift once made permanence impossible when it came to a lover. Now, as she approaches the transition to fully Elven, her survival depends on keeping two. One of the men is willing to share her. The other isn't-until the search for a sexual predator turns deadly, and only by paying magic's price will there be any future at all.

WHAT I THOUGHT: First let me say, while I had some issues following the story- I really LOVED it. It's a totally original premise and I'm totally stoked to see where the author takes it in the future. 
I hadn't heard of this author before, and happened to see Book 2 in this series Inked Destiny while perusing the isles at B&N. When I realized it was book two- I decided to start at the beginning. Good thing I did, this book has a LOT of characters to keep track of and a lot of story to follow. I haven't read the second book yet, but I definitely will.

I love ink, and stories that incorporate that in some way- so this one was a no brainer for me to begin with. Etain is a heroine I totally got on board with. Tough and sexy, she owns her decisions and doesn't take crap from anyone. She's always had this unexplainable gift (or curse) to be able to capture someone's memories or emotions by touching them. She's helped the police (which happen to include her estranged father and brother) on several cases, and this story revolves around two in particular- which are unrelated rape cases one of the places things got a little confusing for me. One of the rape cases gains her the attention of Cathal an Irish Mob Boss's son- which in turn brings her the attention of Eamon an Elf Lord. See, a lot to keep track of here.
 She's about to learn that she is something more than human and what these gifts mean.

This story has TWO very hot Alpha hero's in Cathal  and Eamon ( I kept picturing Legolas here in the way he's described). Both of them wish to claim Etain, and she wants to have them both. This part of the story is done very well-and VERY HOT. Watching Cathal and Eamon come to terms with the fact that if they want her bad enough they're going to have to be ok with sharing her. 

This book has so much going on and going for it-between the action in the suspense storyline, and then the relationship building between Etain, Cathal and Eamon. I will definitely follow the rest of the series!

My Rating: 

No comments: