Thursday, August 8, 2013

Knight


From Amazon: Anya Gage has learned that to get anything good in life, you have to work for it. She has no expectations, no dreams.
Then she finds herself at a party where she doesn’t want to be and she meets Knight.
Knight Sebring knows who he is, what he wants and what he likes. And he gets it. But he never expected something as sweet as Anya Gage to wander into his bedroom during a party he did not expect to be having to borrow his phone.
Knight tries to leave Anya to the life she deserves of white picket fences and a man who watches football on Sundays – good, normal and clean. But when Anya comes to his nightclub and finds herself in a situation, he knows someone has to look after her, he can’t fight it anymore and he decides that man will be him.
Knight teaches Anya that, just as with the bad, in life you should also expect the good. And he teaches her this by giving it to her.
But Knight has a dark past and just as he desires Anya for exactly who she is, he fears when she finds out exactly the man he has become and always intends to be, she’ll leave him for good, normal and clean. 
WARNING: This book is an ADULT EROTIC romance featuring an anti-hero. This novel contains explicit sex scenes and language. The hero in this novel lives a life by his own code with no apologies. He is not your "normal" hero. If you do not enjoy the above, this novel may not be for you.



What I Thought: Friends have been recommending Kristen Ashley to me forever-I guess it's probably due to my addiction to bad ass alpha males. This is the first book I have read by this author and I loved it. I will definitely read the rest.
Anya is used to providing for herself, and getting by on her own terms- with however little that may be. She meets Knight by accidently wandering in his bedroom trying to find her coat and his brother's party.
He sees her home safely, and is soon doing small things for her to make her life easier. Not used to anyone doing things for her, ever-she tries to return things to him which pisses him off but also makes him begin to admire her. 
Knight begins to see Anya as somoeone he could share his life with, if she can accept his lifestyle and needs.
Anya has never known a man like Knight, or the all consuming desire that she feels in his presence. 

Knight is a dark character, and at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like him. KA is honest is the beginning in her description of the book that he is an AntiHero. This is true, but he's written so well that the aspects of it that should bother me-didn't. I also really liked that unlike a lot of other Dom/Sub kind of stories, Knight mostly keeps these needs to the bedroom, and he also gives Anya love making too. It's not just her giving into his needs, it goes both ways. 

My Rating: 

1 comment:

Christi said...

I have this on my kindle...I need to move it up the tbr list. smiles...